Monday, January 01, 2007

First lunch of the new year

Starting out the new year with an actual lunch. Hopefully soon I'll get back to things that are a little more interesting soon, but for now I'm in a bit of a rut. I have mint double stuff Oreos, a pumpkin cranberry muffin, and a pita bread with natural peanut butter.

If you ever find yourself in New York near Queens it is imperative that you take a trip to Queens Pita in Flushing. The thick pita there is the closest to Israeli pita that I've ever had in the US. They make it fresh and you can buy it by the bag to take home. If you think pita is a dry crumbly bread you are in for a surprise. Queens Pita is soft and absolutely delicious.

One of my friends carries around a big bag full of fresh fruits and veggies and just snacks all day. Since tomorrow is one of the days when I have to stay at school until 5PM, I decided to follow her lead. Next to my lunch I have a container with an apple, cantaloupe, and carrots.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1/02/2007 8:00 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

The muffins are from Vegan with a Vengeance but the recipe can be accessed online here: http://www.veganpeace.com/recipe_pages/recipes/TheBestPumpkinMuffins.htm

It says to use fresh cranberries and I did since we always have a big stock in the freezer, but I'm sure dried would also work well. They are really moist and yummy, I would highly recommend them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home