Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Salad, chik'n sandwich, and CSA veggies

What better to do with only a week of school and an unstarted 20-page paper due Monday than to update my blog? Nothing of course!

This Sunday was the first pickup for my community supported agriculture (CSA) group, which my family joined this year. As a shareholder in a local farm, my family gets a delivery of local organic vegetables each week. Luckily for us, the pickup location is less than a mile from our house and very convenient. This week we got 6 heads of lettuce (of varying varieties), sugar snap peas, bok choy, and strawberries. We still aren't quite sure how to use all the lettuce, but I'm thinking some lettuce wraps and taco salads are in our future. Any other ideas are appreciated.

I took some of the peas, lettuce, and strawberries for lunch yesterday. With the lettuce and strawberries is also an apricot, grapes, and Craisins. I also brought along some baby carrots, applesauce, and a Boca chick'n patty on some bread from a local bakery.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6/05/2007 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks great!

 
At 6/15/2007 7:02 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Oh wow, you are very lucky to have a CSA. I love procrastinating too.

 
At 6/29/2007 11:28 AM , Blogger Cherry said...

That's great that you have a CSA so close to your house! Good luck on your paper. When do you end school? My last day of school was May 24th.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home