Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Apple Pie-Crumb Cake Muffins

The recipe I promised:

Apple Pie-Crumb Cake Muffins

adapted from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Vegan with a Vengeance

For muffins:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup apple cider (if you don't have cider, you can use water instead and increase the total amount of sugar to 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup grated apple
1/2 cup chopped apple (1/4-inch pieces)
1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts or almonds

For Topping:
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1 tbsp canola oil
1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts

In a small bowl, mix the topping ingredients, drizzling on the oil and mixing with your fingers until crumbs form. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375°F and grease twelve-muffin tin.

In a large bowl, sift all the dry muffin ingredients. Stir in the wet ingredients. Fold in the grated and chopped apple and nuts.

Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full and sprinkle the topping over each muffin. Bake for 22 minutes.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 3/20/2007 5:20 PM , Blogger Sheree' said...

Your recipe is printing as I type. These are in the to do pile! Thanks

 
At 3/23/2007 9:26 AM , Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I saved this recipe. I was looking for a yummy muffin recipe!

 
At 3/31/2007 9:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the recipe!!

 
At 4/03/2007 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have to know.. when are you going to be posting pics of your yummy passover lunches? :)

 
At 4/04/2007 6:05 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I haven't been making too much exciting since I have this week off from school, but I have some Passover recipes I've been making that I will post in the next day or so. I promise!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home