Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Pasta Salad

I took the leftover pasta from yesterday and made pasta salad. It has pasta, tomatoes (from the garden), fresh basil, oregano, salt, pepper, carrot, an Israeli pickle, a little garlic, and olive oil. I would have used more veggies but there aren't many in the house. Had I been eating at home I would have added some nutritional yeast but I think the stuff smells terrible so I held off.

Packed alongside the pasta is a pear and a mix of sunflower seeds, raw cashews, chocolate chips, and Craisins. I was going to take a soy yogurt buy I decided against it at the last minute since I had some things to do during lunch.


Question: I've seen lots of things online about people eating raw nuts. Is there some reason why you aren't supposed to eat them raw? My mom is convinced that it will make me sick but I'm far too lazy to toast them and we have a big bag of raw almonds and another of cashews. I've never experienced any ill side effects.


I baked some carrot oat cookies tonight, expect to see them in tomorrow's lunch.

3 Comments:

At 9/27/2006 11:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice lunches, i love them all, nice work!

 
At 9/28/2006 11:05 AM , Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

we eat raw nuts all the time -- cashews, almonds, walnuts, peanuts, etc. i don't think there's anything wrong. what have your heard? fresh tomatoes from the garden is the very best! so flavorful. and i'm looking forward to carrot oat cookies!

 
At 10/02/2006 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. Nice lunches there -- great ideas for those of us that pack a lunch.

I eat raw nuts all the time too and love them. In fact, I was just thinking that I needed something sweet to eat after dinner and your trail mix fits the bill (plus I have all the ingredients on hand).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home