Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Baked ziti


Yummy leftover lunch today. I made baked ziti last night by mixing cooked ziti with tofu ricotta (crumbled tofu plus garlic, oregano, basil, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper). I covered the bottom of the pan with tomato sauce, then layered on the pasta/tofu mixture with the sauce. I cooked it until it was all hot and a little crunchy on top, probably about 25 minutes on 350°.



On the side I packed green grapes and 2 small cucumbers with hummus. A small plastic shot glass is the perfect container for my hummus. It held just the right amount (1 oz, which is coincidentally 1 serving) and traveled beautifully with a tiny piece of plastic wrap on top. Two thumbs up.

4 Comments:

At 9/19/2006 9:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Green grapes are my favorite!

 
At 9/19/2006 10:24 PM , Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

my thumbs are up also! :o) what a good lookin' lunch, and i love how the shot glass worked out perfectly.

 
At 9/19/2006 10:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for posting your lunches! nice ideas!

 
At 9/20/2006 12:36 PM , Blogger Harmonia said...

:)

Hi! Love the blog! Can I link you!? I'm over at:
http://harmonia.bloggoing.com

Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home