Monday, November 26, 2007

Birthday Cake

When I was little I loved cake mixes and premade icing. Every year on my birthday my mom would offer to bake me a cake from scratch but I would refuse. Every year I would get the confetti cake mix and vanilla icing with little chocolate pieces in it.

Unfortunately for me, that's not quite vegan. For my 18th birthday this past Wednesday (yes, this post is late, but not too late) I opted for something a little more upscale. My mom baked me the golden cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World as a cake and iced it with the vegan buttercream frosting, also from VCTOTW. I decorated the cake with sliced strawberries for the following masterpiece.



For the meal I made vegan pizza with all sorts of amazing toppings (fresh tomatoes, eggplant, onions, Morningstar Farms veggie crumbles, spinach were the main toppings). I'm a real legal adult!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 11/26/2007 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!!

 
At 11/27/2007 5:17 PM , Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh happy belated birthday!! how exciting that you're offically an adult now!! :0)

mmm, that cake looks GORGEOUS with the strawberries and the pizza meal sounds quite delicious as well!! hope you had a lovely celebration!!

 
At 12/02/2007 12:25 PM , Blogger Deva said...

Happy birthday!

my sister just turned legal yesterday :)

 
At 12/04/2007 12:56 AM , Blogger June said...

hey yay! Happy birthday!

 
At 2/10/2010 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is quiet a question as you did in the decrease efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=power iso 4.0 ?
I noticed the utter you suffer with not used. Or you use the black methods of helping of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home