Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Veganomicon

I promise there'll be a real post soon, but right now I'm a little overwhelmed. I'm probably the last person in the vegan cooking world, but I finally got a copy of Veganomicon today and I'm stunned, it's beautiful. I have no idea where to even start. This is where you, the reader, come in: What recipes should I make first? Are there any recipes to stay away from?

I'm already thinking of the chickpea cutlets and potato latkes sometime soon since I've heard some good reviews on the cutlets and it's Channukah starting tonight (happy holiday to those of you who are also celebrating). What else must I absolutely make?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12/05/2007 12:36 AM , Blogger June said...

hey girlie - have you heard of veghaven.org - it's a new site, wasn't sure if you were a member or not...if you get on there, look me up!
"maygirlJune"

hope all is well.

 
At 12/05/2007 1:40 PM , Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Yay for purchasing Veganomicon!! I too was overwhelmed by choosing a recipe to start with (since I want to make practically EVERY recipe from the cookbook, haha), but I finally chose to make the chocolate bundt cake recipe on page 256 (except I made a CAROB version, since I don't eat chocolate) - it was FABULOUS!! I blogged about it recently, actually (it's all one web address): http://veggiegirlvegan.blogspot.com/
2007/11/veggiegirl-takes-cake.html

 
At 12/05/2007 3:49 PM , Blogger Vegan_Noodle said...

The cutlets are a great choice. Make them as soon as you can....

 
At 12/06/2007 2:15 AM , Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

I don't have Veganomicon yet either, so you aren't the LAST one... Finances aren't gonna allow a purchase that size for a good while. I love reading everyone elses experiences though and I think the latkes sounded good, as does the bundt cake someone here mentioned. Happy B-Day by the way! And Happy Hannukah too!

Let us know what you decide, cookbook or not, it's still fun to live vicariously thru others' cooking blogs...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home