Monday, October 09, 2006

New Harmony Vegan Chinese Food

I was in Philly today with my dad and we stopped off at New Harmony for vegan Chinese lunch (thanks to Kate at Rabbit Food for the recommendation) . We didn't realize that the portions would be huge so we ordered two things. First was the fried dim sum. I'm not sure my memory is 100% on what was included but I remember 2 spring rolls, 2 breaded shrimp things, 6 pieces of sesame chicken, 2 beef things, a scallion pancake, two taro cakes, and two turnip cakes. Neither of us really like the shrimp (but I never liked seafood and neither of us has ever had real shrimp) but the rest was good. The taro/turnip cakes were a little bland but good with some sauce (we got ginger soy sauce, duck sauce, and sweet and sour sauce).

Then we had a lunch special of General Tso's chicken with wonton soup and brown rice. It was really good and a little spicy. The soup was a little salty for my taste but was also pretty yummy. Overall it was a great experience with lots of leftovers and I would definitely go again. I was going to take leftovers for lunch tomorrow but my family devoured them, I guess I'm left to my own devices to make lunch.

My favorite vegan Chinese is still Veggie Heaven in Parsippany, NJ but New Harmony was pretty close.

1 Comments:

At 10/10/2006 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time, and left overs are always amazing. I am a frequent diner at Veggie Heaven, it's the only veggie place that I know of in NJ.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home