Tuesday, March 06, 2007

One year vegan-iversary

Today marks my one year anniversary of becoming vegan. It's been a little rough at times, but I'm really glad that I took the plunge. For anyone out there who is toying with the idea of going vegan, go for it! Even if you have to take baby steps, I have faith in you.

Yes, I'll admit it takes a lot of self control to say no thanks to free desserts and late night trips for ice cream or pizza, but there's something just so rewarding about it all. More than even helping the animals and the environment (both of which are huge), I get immense self-gratitude from being vegan. I used to have no self control. I couldn't say no to food when it was offered to me and I would eat and eat and eat and just never stop. Even though I can still probably down a 1 lb bag of Twizzlers (and yes, I have done this in the past), I've gained something personally from this whole journey. Somewhere along the way I've realized that I have more control over my life and myself than I ever thought I could.

Now that I've celebrated my veganism, onto a lunch


Leftover homemade pizza (topped with marinara sauce, mushrooms, spinach, bell pepper, nutritional yeast, Morningstar veggie crumbles), 2 hamentaschen, two little boxes of raisins, pretzels, mango, kiwi, and strawberries.

Normally we don't buy the little packages of pretzels, raisins, etc. because they're wasteful and more expensive, but we received a whole bunch of them in gift bags of food for Purim over the weekend, so they'll probably be showing up a bit over the next few days.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3/06/2007 11:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Purim and happy vegan-iversary! You should be proud of your one year of being vegan. It's a big accomplishment.

Your hamentaschen look great. I love jam-filled treats.

 
At 3/07/2007 9:13 AM , Blogger theONLYtania said...

Hey, happy veganiversary! I can relate to the lack of self control but it's getting better. Your lunch looks amazing.
I'm sitting with my laptop in the music building right now, thinking about my sad leftover General Tso's tofu with brown rice and a cup of applesauce.. wishing I packed lunches as good as yours. Haha.

 
At 3/31/2007 9:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy veganiversary!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home