Sunday, February 25, 2007

salad


Here I am, the stereotypical vegan, taking a salad (with sprouts!), fruit, and steamed vegetables for lunch. Half a cinnamon raisin bagel on the side.

I also made a peanut butter sandwich and I'll probably grab some chips and a soy yogurt when I leave the house because I'm staying at school until 9PM tomorrow for band rehearsal. For now I'm just hoping that there will be enough snow tonight to cancel school for tomorrow.

I'm really excited because last night I convinced my family to sign up for a community supported agriculture program for the spring through the fall. From mid-May until November, we will be getting weekly shipments of local, seasonal, organic produce from a family-run farm. I can't wait to get started!

Right now I'm into my busiest time of the year. I probably won't be around much the rest of this week. Between my classes, jazz band, wind ensemble, a performance for the Chinese department at my school, and a few other extracurriculars, I won't particularly be home. Happy Monday and I hope everyone has a less stressful week than I'm sure to have!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2/26/2007 9:52 PM , Blogger Kate said...

I envy your lunch organization. On most days, I am stuck with throwing peanut butter and jelly and grabbing a banana as I run out the door. I live in Jersey too and I was praying for a snow day but all I got was a delayed opening. Did you get your snow day?

 
At 2/26/2007 10:23 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

No snow day for me, but like you, I got a delayed opening

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home