Monday, December 10, 2007

Lower fat banana bread, latkes, and chickpea cutlets

This container made me laugh; can you find the typo?

When I'm not eating lots of soy ice cream or crossing my fingers for snow, I've been busy making a few of the less photogenic recipes in Veganomicon. A theme for this entry could probably be brown foods that weren't even worth a photograph.

My first recipe was the Lower Fat Banana Bread made into muffins. My mom and I both agreed that the muffins were a little dense, but I think it would have been a perfect consistency for banana bread, especially smothered in peanut butter.

After that I made the chickpea cutlets. I can say in complete honesty that this recipe was everything I expected and more. I took the baking route and they were perfect in every way. The flavor and texture were both great. I had the chickpea cutlets plain for dinner and then cut one up and had it over salad today. It was better than the Boca chik'n patties that we normally buy, so I'm thinking about making a lot of chickpea cutlets and freezing them for the future.

My dad made the potato latkes from Veganomicon, which were also delicious. So far I love Veganomicon; all of the recipes I've tried and looked at have been amazing.

Happy Chanukkah!

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12/11/2007 8:43 PM , Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

are you referring to the fact that it says "So Delicious" instead of "Soy Delicious"?? They changed the brand name from "Soy" to "So" about a year ago, so it's not a typo :0)

I too love Veganomicon - glad that you've liked all the recipes you've made from the book, so far!!

Happy last night of Hanukkah!! :0)

 
At 12/11/2007 8:51 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Nope, there's an actual typo!

 
At 12/11/2007 9:15 PM , Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

ahh, I feel quite dumb that I can't figure out the typo - care to expose the error?? :0)

 
At 12/12/2007 12:57 PM , Blogger Laura said...

It says "peanut buttter." I can't believe no one noticed that one before it left the factory (or maybe they did and they just didn't want to be wasteful and throw out all those cartons).

 
At 12/12/2007 1:57 PM , Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oh my goodness I can't believe that I missed the extra "T" in "butter" - haha!! that is too funny of a typo :0D

 
At 12/13/2007 10:57 AM , Blogger Deva said...

Happy Haunkkah darlin! I am hoping I am getting veganomicon SOON!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home