Sunday, December 16, 2007

Veggie Heaven celebration

I've offhandedly mentioned a few times before that I've been in the middle of the long and tedious college admissions process that plagues many high school seniors. Today at noon was the end of the process for me - I've been accepted to MIT! I'm really excited to go to such a great school and to live in the Boston area for the next four years.

To celebrate, my parents and I went out to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, Veggie Heaven in Parsippany, NJ. It's a bit of a drive from my house but it's worth it for some of the best American Chinese food I've ever had (and it's all vegan!). Between the three of us we ordered hot and sour soup, scallion pancakes, orange vege chicken, vege chicken with artichokes, and a combination of tofu, vege beef, and vegetables (can't remember what it was called). Everything was delicious, relatively affordable, and the service was great. Overall, it was a delicious end to an amazing day.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12/16/2007 10:33 AM , Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oh my goodness gracious congratulations on your acceptance to MIT!! such a wonderful university - I hope they're ready for you!! spread the vegan word!! :0D

so glad you were able to have a lovely meal celebration at Veggie Heaven - sounds like a great restaurant!!

 
At 12/16/2007 2:40 PM , Blogger Deva said...

you are amazing and totally and completely deserve this. I hope that MIT is everything and MORE than you expect it to be!


Deva
http://vorilee.typepad.com

 
At 12/17/2007 1:21 AM , Blogger Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

You already know I think this is such an amazing and wonderful accomplishment, but I'll say CONGRATULATIONS again!

WAY TO GO!

 
At 12/18/2007 5:04 PM , Blogger Vegan_Noodle said...

Congrats!! And yay for living in Boston, what a cool town. Hope you relax and enjoy the holidays now after all that stressin!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home