Monday, January 15, 2007

Tabbouleh and paratha

I'm off from school today for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, but I never posted Friday's lunch, so here it is.
I had aloo paratha, which is an Indian flatbread made with potatoes. I've made paratha myself in the past, but it's never as good as the kind I can get in the Indian grocery store, so now I just buy it. This variety is slightly spicy and a little oily.

Continuing with the store-bought ethnic foods is tabbouleh. My mom's tabbouleh is better than the pre-packaged but sometimes it's just easier to buy a huge tub of the pre-made, which is still pretty good. Tabbouleh is generally made from bulghur wheat, parsley, tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, and onions.

I also had baby carrots, dark chocolate gelt (chocolate coins), and a peanut butter sandwich that I managed to squeeze into a little container to stop if from getting soggy.

Tagging along on the side is some great fresh fruit: mango, cherries, and strawberries

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1/16/2007 10:14 AM , Blogger cemilyd said...

I'd forgotten you had this!

Any cooking advice for a college student with a well-equipped kitchen a grocery store behind her dorm, but not all that much time?

 
At 1/16/2007 6:30 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Buy lots of premade food? Honestly, I'm pretty lazy and other than making muffins almost every weekend I don't cook that much anymore. I basically subsist on a lot of pasta, stir fries, vegetarian chili, roasted vegetables, rice, salad, and frozen veggie burgers/falafel.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home