Best Month Ever
25 Reasons Why I Had the Best July Ever (aka why I never updated this blog)
- The NJ Gov School on the Environment is an all-expense paid month long residential program that 72 amazing and extremely lucky rising high school seniors got the chance to participate in this July. I was one of those students.
- Being completely myself and being completely comfortable.
- Three days spent on a small island, learning about the ecosystem, kayaking, birdwatching, cooking, snorkeling, not showering, composting, using minimal electricity.
- Midnight trip to a marsh to look for frogs and toads. Involved wading in knee deep mud and blazing through the Pine Barrens.
- Working with other kids who are brilliant, creative, and highly motivated.
- Amazing lecturers.
- Even better teachers.
- Rooming with some of the most interesting and crazy people that I've ever met and opening myself up to all of their quirks and interests.
- Eating in a dining hall with multiple clearly-marked vegan options every day.
- Inspiring others to go vegetarian.
- Trips to the shore for class and just for fun.
- Long walks on the beach and hot days in the sand.
- Late nights working.
- Late nights laughing, playing frisbee, playing volleyball, watching the stars.
- No shoes + dirty feet.
- Helping to catch a black widow spider
- Not being afraid to do anything.
- Saving the world.
- Waking up to watch the sunrise and staying out to watch the sunset.
- The New Jersey Pine Barrens.
- Carnivorous plants.
- Being proud of my background and my unique qualities.
- Realizing that friendships can last a lifetime.
- Knowing that life is getting better from here out.
- Living, learning, loving, and knowing that I can initiate change.
Labels: Governor's School